Nurture a bountiful harvest of onions in a small space in a short time with chive plant care. The onions also known as green onions or spring. They have a milder flavor when young, and its flavor gets stronger as the onion as it matures its bulb.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Grow Chive Plant Care
- Choose onion sets that are larger in size as a dime to chive plant care.
- Clean an area with good drainage to plant your spring onion sets. Add fertilizer evenly so the top 4 inches (10 cm) of soil in the garden area. It uses a 1-2-2 fertilizer to add nutrients to the soil.
- Plant each set at a depth of 1 inch (2.5 cm). Leave a space between each planting so that they are almost touching the floor above.
- Moisten the soil with water every day. Add about an inch (2.5 cm) of water to the land each week once the top of the onions begin to appear.
- Remove weeds by digging at surface around the plants so that the roots are not disadvantaged or pull them by hand. Expected to begin removing weeds until the onions are about 4 inches (10 cm) tall.
- Harvest chive plant care once they reach 6 inches (15 cm) tall holding the base of the plant near the ground, and gently pulling the ground.